Harry Potter fans! This one is for you. Did you know platform 9 ¾ is real? Well I guess I should say “real”. Regardless, if you love Harry Potter this is a sight you won’t want to pass up. The best part is it’s free! They even have wands and house scarves for you to use.
Platform 9 ¾ is at the Harry Potter Shop in Kings Cross station and although the sign is there permanently, you’ll want to go during the store’s open hours. When it’s open, the trolley is placed outside and there is a professional photographer that will take your picture. To buy the professional picture you’ll have to go inside the store, but you can also take photos on your own phone or camera for free. If you want to get in and out quickly, get there 30 minutes before open hours or opt for the VIP Photo Pass which lets you go to the front of the line.
- If you’re with other people, ask to take a solo picture and a group picture. Get creative!
- When you purchase the VIP Photo Pass, you receive a VIP lanyard and the professional photos for free. You have to order this online though and have it shipped, so do this in advance.
- Since the scarves you can borrow represent the different houses, plan your outfit to coordinate with your chosen house.
- The professional photos come in different packages and you can even get a digital copy.
- If you like pop culture sightsm check out Guide to Abbey Road